Tuesday, July 29, 2008

3 Years

Happy Anniversary to us! Three years ago today we got married. And no, it doesn't feel like just yesterday!


Although by now I think we expected to be in Tanzania working with Village Schools International. Instead we're still here, right where we started (with way more junk) and a kid in tow!

It's not bad, just different.

And I honestly can't imagine where I would be otherwise. It hasn't been easy, but it has been worth it. I'm not the same person I was 3 years ago and 80% of that's a good thing. The other 20%, well, that's my own fault. But we'll work on that!


This is my all time favorite picture from our wedding. The standing procedure is for friends to fill your car with randomness mostly picked up at garage sales. Our friends Michelle and Andrew more than fulfilled this request of Brian's out of state friends!


Besides the wooden stick horse we had: a telephone for deaf people, an old used bike helmet (pink), a weird yellow one piece quilted pajama thing, jars of peanut butter and honey, multiple beanie babies, a bag of jolly ranchers (opened and everywhere) which we were still finding 2 years later, and finally a little round thing in the tailpipe that made our car sound really funny while driving!

Happy Anniversary, babe, I love you!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary. I love the idea of filling the car with random junk. My niece is getting married, and I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What neat pictures you have of your wedding day! You make a very cute couple. I think that is a fun tradition you have about filling the car up. Have a wonderful day with your man! Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes. I had almost forgotten that. That was so much fun. We really enjoyed "plotting" with... was it Jason & Amber??? And oh, there was so much more that you didn't list, but I don't remember what it was either.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary!

    my son has one of those horse things and absolutely loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on your anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:49 PM

    I just spent a few minutes on Village Schools' website, and it looks like they're doing really cool stuff!! I really do hope you guys get to go sometime soon. Funny that Susan was with Salvation Army-- I just spent a couple hours hanging out with Salvation Army folks (I'm in Mexico City at the conference). Bye for now... Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely wedding pictures! Isn't summer a great time to have a wedding? Our anniversary is next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you too...Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Shower me with your wit, your wisdom, or your funny stories! And please leave an email address if you would like a reply.